People think I’m crazy for starting a company that gives away 50% of its profit to charity, but I think it’s pretty awesome. I understand the logistics of what giving away 50% of your companies profits means, but that’s exactly why I’m doing it. I want to make as big of a difference I can. Life is too short to not give back to others. Americans consume 400 million cups of coffee per day, equivalent to 146 billion cups of coffee per year, making the United States the leading consumer of coffee in the world. And not to mention, coffee represents 75% of all the caffeine consumed in the United States.What if we could tap into this truth and help make the world a better place?Here at Cause Roast, we believe the consumption of coffee has the power to change the world. Our goal is to provide high-quality, fair-trade coffee that gives 50% back to the world’s greatest causes and needs. Every bag of coffee purchased will help change the life of someone in need.
How Does It work?
Each month we will partner with a new organization and then at the end of that month write that organization a check for 50% of that months profit. It’s a simple process that I believe has the potential to help change millions of people.
Simple. Because I love coffee, the plethora of different beans available from around the world, and the sustainability it offers.
Why Give Away 50%?
- 750 million people around the world lack access to safe water; approximately one in nine people.
- More than twice the population of the United States lives without access to safe water.
- 842 million people in the world do not eat enough to be healthy.
- A third of all deaths in children under the age of five in developing countries are linked to malnutrition.
- Every year, over 13 million children under the age of 5 years die from illnesses which could have been avoided or treated.
- Almost 70 million children across the world are prevented from going to school each day
- At least 20.9 million adults and children are bought and sold worldwide into commercial sexual servitude, forced labor and bonded labor.
- About 2 million children are exploited every year in the global commercial sex trade.
- Over 7 million children are in institutional care worldwide.
- There are a total of 153 million orphans world-wide.
How Do I Support?
Visit our website at CauseRoast.com, purchase a bag of coffee, and then share your purchase on your social platforms. Use code: BLOG15 at checkout and take 15% off your entire purchase.
What’s This Month’s Cause?
50% of this month’s profit will be donated to help assist orphan care for children in Haiti through ImMe.org