Sex is a word that is rarely used in The Church of today. But in reality, The Church should be talking about sex more than anyone else on this planet. Why? Because the origination of sex was divinely created by our Creator for a specific and beautiful purpose. If we don’t share that purpose, we can’t expect our culture to know the truth.
If The Church won’t talk about sex, we can’t blame our generation for seeking answers from the world.
OUR GENERATION NEEDS ANSWERS.
1. Sex outside of marriage is glamorized.
2. Sex is sold and advertised on a daily basis.
3. Sex is used for the purpose of entertainment.
4. Sex has become more about desire, and less about love.
5. The idea of waiting until marriage is mocked and ridiculed.
FACT: The porn industry brings in over 14 billion dollars a year.
Sex is purposed to be an intimate experience between a man and a women becoming ONE in eyes of God. And while much of our culture sees sex as nothing but a social activity, I can only imagine the hurt God feels while looking down upon us as we socialize an experience that was meant for the confines of a husband and wife.
- Genesis 2:24 – Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
- Hebrew 13:4 – Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
- Ephesians 5:5 – For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
This post was written to make you think, to make you evaluate your heart, and to open up your eyes to the truth of what God says about sex. Don’t let the world take something that was intended for beauty, and turn it into trash.