People think I’m crazy for starting a company that gives away 50% of its profit to charity, but I think it’s pretty awesome. I understand the logistics of what giving away 50% of your companies profits means, but that’s exactly why I’m doing it. I want to make as big of a difference I can. Life is too short to not give back to others.
How Does It work?
Each month we will partner with a new organization and then at the end of that month write that organization a check for 50% of that months profit. It’s a simple process that I believe has the potential to help change millions of people.
Simple. Because I love coffee, the plethora of different beans available from around the world, and the sustainability it offers.
Why Give Away 50%?
- 750 million people around the world lack access to safe water; approximately one in nine people.
- More than twice the population of the United States lives without access to safe water.
- 842 million people in the world do not eat enough to be healthy.
- A third of all deaths in children under the age of five in developing countries are linked to malnutrition.
- Every year, over 13 million children under the age of 5 years die from illnesses which could have been avoided or treated.
- Almost 70 million children across the world are prevented from going to school each day
- At least 20.9 million adults and children are bought and sold worldwide into commercial sexual servitude, forced labor and bonded labor.
- About 2 million children are exploited every year in the global commercial sex trade.
- Over 7 million children are in institutional care worldwide.
- There are a total of 153 million orphans world-wide.
How Do I Support?
Visit our website at CauseRoast.com, purchase a bag of coffee, and then share your purchase on your social platforms. Use code: BLOG15 at checkout and take 15% off your entire purchase.
What’s This Month’s Cause?
50% of this month’s profit will be donated to help assist orphan care for children in Haiti through ImMe.org
What are your thoughts? Leave a comment below.