In today’s fast paced, entrepreneurial society, everybody has the urge to do things on their own. And although it may seem very noble to take on the world with you and yourself, is that really the way God has called us to live?
I mean, I get it. You wanna prove to the world…
1) You can do it on your own.
2) You don’t need “them.”
3) You “alone” are capable of greatness.
But if your goal is to simply prove you can do something on your own, is that noble or just prideful?
I’ll let you answer that question…
After reading and studying through scripture, I really began to understand the importance of teamwork and community entrepreneurship.
1. David conquered Goliath >> With the power of The Holy Spirit, NOT by his own strength.
2. Noah built the Arc >> With the guidance of God.
3. Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt >> With the guidance of God and a side-kick named Joshua.
4. Jesus preached, “The Good News” >> With the help of 12 disciples.
I think you get the point…
Drop the pride. Let God guide you. Doing things on our own is exactly what the evil one wants us to do.
Stop trying to do things on your own. Even Jesus had 12 disciples.
Psalm 37:23 – The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord.
Proverbs 3:5 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
- Jarrid Wilson