God Uses Flawed People To Share Hope To A Flawed World |

God Uses Flawed People To Share Hope To A Flawed World

God Uses Flawed People To Share Hope To A Flawed World

God Uses Flawed People To Share Hope To A Flawed World

Throughout scripture we see God using imperfect people for the sake of his mission. I never quite understood why Jesus chose the individuals he did, but I am guessing his reasoning was to further prove the validity of his being. He didn’t call the popular, rich or successful to further his ministry, but rather, the poor, broken and faithful. I can only imagine how confused the Pharisees and religious leaders must have been while looking at the team of people the proclaimed Savior had gathered together.

From an outside perspective, we can see that It didn’t matter where people were from, what they had done, or who they use to be; Jesus used all people for the good of His will. Don’t believe me? Here are some examples of people that were used for the greatness of HIS glory.

• Abraham -Was old.
  • Elijah – Was suicidal.
  • Joseph – Was abused.
  • Job – Went bankrupt.
  • Moses – Had a speech problem.
  • Gideon – Was afraid.
  • Samson – Was a womanizer.
  • Rahab – Was a prostitute.
  • Samaritan Woman – Divorced.
  • Noah – Was a Drunk.
  • Jeremiah – Was young.
  • Jacob – Was a cheater.
  • David – Was a murderer.
  • Jonah – Ran from God.
  • Naomi – Was a widow.
  • Peter – Denied Christ three times
  • Martha – Worried about everything.
  • Zacchaeus – Was small and money hungry.
  • The Disciples – Fell asleep while praying.
  • Paul – A Pharisee who persecuted Christians before becoming one.

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” -Romans 8:28

If you ever feel like you aren’t worthy enough, remember that Jesus used a bunch of flawed people to share Hope to a flawed world. In HIM we find renewal and mending. Jesus didn’t call the equipped, He equipped the called. And no matter what you’ve been through in life, remember that the same power that conquered the grave lives within you.

—Jarrid Wilson

___

Can God use broken people? Leave a comment below.

About the Author

39 Comments

• pelliott67 March 18, 2014 at 10:45 AM

This is GREAT. Everyone needs to be reminded of this at some point in their walk with Jesus because at some point, (or lots of points like me!) we don’t feel like we’re good enough.

• N. Marube March 18, 2014 at 3:18 AM

Quite inspiring. It takes love, compassion and grace to accept that we are all “a work in progress”. May God use me as he used king David in 1Sam 22:2.

“And every one that was in distress, and every one that was in debt, and every one that was discontented, gathered themselves unto him; and he became a captain over them: and there were with him about four hundred men.”

A very humble beginning for king David!

Thank you Wilson.

• Angel March 17, 2014 at 10:21 PM

A blessed post! thank you pastor…

• fmu_mj March 17, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Fantastic encouragement, Jarrid! Favorite quote: “I can only imagine how confused the Pharisees and religious leaders must have been while looking at the team of people the proclaimed Savior had gathered together.”

That is funny to think about.

Sharing with the Future Marriage University (FMU) community at https://www.facebook.com/FMUniversity.

• ShoeQueen61' March 17, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Mmm… Let’s see– Does God use flawed people? I would say so. I think of myself and how HIGHLY critical I can be. But a sistah-girl from my church recently told me I am one of the most encouraging people she has ever known! “Who me?!” A compliment? No!!! A blessing– I think of my life and how people have encouraged me over the last five decades of my life… Isn’t it appropriate to pass along a bit of godly kindness on to someone else? Again… A wonderful post. You are truly anointed!!!

• ruth psanders March 18, 2014 at 3:02 AM

Been here/there had that said to me and l truly love the person for telling me this.