Today exposes a dark day for Chuck Norris fans as he reveals a shocking picture of himself WITHOUT his iconic tough-wielding beard. So, what does this have to do with “end times” or the return of Jesus? Nothing at all.
My reasoning behind this post is one thing: All things come to an end.
I know using Chuck Norris as one of my examples may sound a bit silly, but it was a simple way to get you interested in my post. Not to mention that Chuck Norris shaving is beard is actually a pretty big deal in today’s culture.
C’mon, haven’t you ever heard a Chuck Norris joke? Here are some to refresh your memory.
- Fear of spiders is called arachnophobia, and fear of Chuck Norris is just called logic.
- Chuck Norris doesn’t call the wrong number. You answer the wrong phone.
- Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear rug in his living room. The bear isn’t dead, it’s just afraid to move.
- Chuck Norris has already been to mars, and that’s why there is no sign of life.
- Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.
- Chuck Norris won American Idol using only sign-language.
- Death once had a near-Chuck Norris experience.
- Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.
- Ghosts sit around the campfire and tell Chuck Norris stories.
- Chuck Norris doesn’t wear a watch. HE decides what time it is.
I bet you’re already laughing huh?
The Reality Is: Although Chuck Norris is a cultural icon for his round-house kicks and ultimate punches, the dude isn’t avoiding age one bit. Regardless of what our culture thinks of him, he’s still aging and will eventually no-longer be.
When Jesus died on the cross he sacrificed himself in a brutal and bloody way. He gave himself as an unblemished lamb, sacrificing himself for the atonement of our sins. And while it’s very easy for us to get caught up in the culture, media, news, and highlights of life, we need to realize that WE ARE NOT PROMISED TOMORROW.
1 Peter 1:24-25 – “All people are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall,but the word of the Lord endures forever.”
The world is moving forward. All things eventually come to an end. And people are dying without knowing the love of Christ.
This post is to remind you that our calling as Christians does not end when we find Christ. In fact, that’s the day when it truly it begins. Share your faith, and be encouraged knowing that the power of Jesus is within you. Even Chuck Norris needs a Savior.
Know anymore Chuck Norris jokes? Submit them in a comment below.
- Jarrid Wilson