- Is there really a God?
- Why Does God Allow Pain and Suffering?
- What Jesus really born of a virgin?
- Do I have a purpose in life?
- Can I rely on what the Bible says?
- Is God the same person as Jesus Christ?
- Can God really use someone like me?
Archives For God
It’s really easy for us to complain about stupid things that don’t really matter. Here are 20 reasons you should be thankful for what you have. I’m sure these will make you re-think your complaints and frustrations.
1. More than 660 million people live on less than $2.00 a day.
2. More than 385 million live on less than $1 a day.
2. Than than 121 million children are without an education.
3. 1.4 million children die each year from lack of access to safe drinking water and adequate sanitation
4. 15 million children orphaned due to HIV/AIDS.
Here are 20 Bible verses on being thankful:
1. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
2. Psalm 107:1
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!
3. Ephesians 5:20
Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Jesus Is Not Your Homeboy
In the mid 2000′s the phrase “Jesus Is My Homeboy” started trending among evangelical Christians and began finding its way on t-shirts, hats, and other personal accessories. And while this cute term seems harmless and fun, you need to understand that it can actually be detriment to your relationship with God.
Here is some stuff Jesus never said.
1. Bad things will never happen to you
- So many people think that just because they believe in Jesus means everything is going to be flawless and perfect. This really isn’t the case at all. You may have a relationship with Jesus, but this doesn’t mean life is going to stop moving forward, tough circumstances are going to cease to exist, and rough times will never be a possibility. Even though Jesus never said life would be easy, he did say he would be there for you in your times of need. The message of The Gospel isn’t that life will be perfect, but that in it’s imperfection we have a perfect and flawless Savior.
1. Admit you can’t do everything on your own.
- One of the first steps to gaining a closer relationship to God is admitting that you need him in your life. The reality is that we can’t do everything on our own, so admitting this will not only show a sense of humility in your life, but will also show God that you have faith in his strength and promises.
Here is some stuff Christians should stop doing.
1. Telling people “I’ll pray for you” without actually praying for them.
- Guilty as charged. I can’t think of anybody who hasn’t done this at one time or another. And while most of us don’t actually mean to forget, it’s probably best that we just set aside time on the spot to pray for people. Are we really so busy that we can’t stop and pray for someone’s needs? We need to make sure we are fulfilling our duties as Christians and actually follow through with them. One prayer could be the tipping point to someone coming to know the love of God. Don’t miss the opportunity to speak life into someone because you don’t think you have time.