In life, we all have certain things we are afraid of. Whether those things are spiritual, emotional, or physical, fear can creep in at any time and stir up our insecurities. I know we all have human emotions, but when it comes to reaching an encounter with God, why do we sometimes find fear on the path?
Archives For God
For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Jarrid Wilson. I consider myself a husband, pastor, author and blogger. I currently oversee social media for Logos Bible Software, love to eat Mexican food, and have a weird obsession with fishing. I’m currently finishing up my second book with Thomas Nelson Publishing, preparing to celebrate my first wedding anniversary, and on the daily love to spend time with my beautiful wife Julianne and fluffy dog Paisley.
This post isn’t a plea for clicks, likes or views, but instead a valiant cry for help in a world that paints Christians as the “God hates f*gs” militia. That’s not Jesus. That’s not me. That’s not most of us.
It’s sad to sit back and watch the media cover nothing but the faults and failures of proclaimed “Christ followers,” instead of getting down to the truth of what 98% of us do differently than the 2% who make us look bad. If what the media portrays is the world’s view of a Christian, please don’t call me one. I’d rather call myself a Christ follower than been thrown into the twisted and construed view of what we’ve made “Christians” out to be. I understand that Christian means Christ follower, but you get where I’m going with this.
Ever question whether or not you are good enough to be a Christian, or holy enough to be loved by God? Well, here are 4 things God won’t hold against you.
1. Your Past
- Relax, you have already been forgiven. When it comes to a relationship with Jesus, don’t ever expect to run into resentment from Christ himself. Your past has been forgiven, and the future looks bright for all those willing to walk in the light of His presence. Jesus will forgive you of your past, even if you have yet to forgive yourself.
- Is there really a God?
- Why Does God Allow Pain and Suffering?
- What Jesus really born of a virgin?
- Do I have a purpose in life?
- Can I rely on what the Bible says?
- Is God the same person as Jesus Christ?
- Can God really use someone like me?
It’s really easy for us to complain about stupid things that don’t really matter. Here are 20 reasons you should be thankful for what you have. I’m sure these will make you re-think your complaints and frustrations.
1. More than 660 million people live on less than $2.00 a day.
2. More than 385 million live on less than $1 a day.
2. Than than 121 million children are without an education.
3. 1.4 million children die each year from lack of access to safe drinking water and adequate sanitation
4. 15 million children orphaned due to HIV/AIDS.
Here are 20 Bible verses on being thankful:
1. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
2. Psalm 107:1
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!
3. Ephesians 5:20
Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Jesus Is Not Your Homeboy
In the mid 2000′s the phrase “Jesus Is My Homeboy” started trending among evangelical Christians and began finding its way on t-shirts, hats, and other personal accessories. And while this cute term seems harmless and fun, you need to understand that it can actually be detriment to your relationship with God.