10 Differences Between A Believer And A Christian |

10 Differences Between A Believer And A Christian

10 Differences Between A Believer And A Christian

10 Differences Between A Believer And A Christian

Warning: This might shake up your faith.

Here are 10 differences between a believer and a Christian.

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that–and shudder. —James 2:19

1. A believer believes in Jesus. A Christian follow his commands.

2. A believer goes to church on holidays. A Christian knows that a church community is paradigm to their faith.

3. A believer reads their Bible when things get tough. A Christian reads their Bible regularly.

4. A believer prays when things get tough. A Christian gives thanks no matter the circumstance.

5. A believer twists the Bible to fit his or her lifestyle. A Christian works to make his or her lifestyle resemble the teachings of the Bible.

6. A believer will sacrifice when it’s convenient. A Christian will sacrifice no matter the potential outcome.

7. A believer tithes when there is no risk. A Christian will tithe no matter the risk.

8. A believer conforms under the pressure or culture. A Christian holds fast against temptation.

9. A believer will share their faith when it’s comfortable. A Christian will share his or her faith regardless of the scenario.

10. A believer knows about Jesus. A Christian knows Jesus as his or her Lord and Savior.

– Jarrid Wilson

***

Can you name some other differences? Leave a comment below!

About the Author

153 Comments

• Déjá Monét November 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM

A believer may give up on God when things get tough, but a Christian knows that’s the best time to keep going. Joel Olsteen once said “You are closest to your victory when you face the greatest opposition.” Christians know the reward of that patience is greater than anything a believer can imagine for themselves.

• helenweizhang November 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM

A believer prays when they think they need to get help; A Christian will pray regardless if they need help or not

• Cube Ideke November 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Love this!

• Debra T November 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM

One popular stance nowadays is to say “I don’t identify with any religion. I’m not religious. BUT I am spiritual.” Jarrid, isn’t it true that even the demons are spirits, thereby spiritual? I say that I am a follower of Jesus, a Christian, attending a Baptist church. Hope I am not too far off the correct terms.

• Carlos November 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I think of it this way:

To answer your question, yes, demons are spirits. Now, the term “spiritual” for a christian means to be born again, or receive the Holy Spirit. Therefore, we can say that demons are NOT spiritual because they never received the Holy Spirit. Consequently, we can’t describe both a Christian and a demon as spiritual in the same sentence. Christians are spiritual because of their acceptance of the Holy Spirit and their devotion to God; furthermore, demons are spiritual because they exist in the spiritual realm and roam as spirits.

Hopefully I clarified your doubt, and like I said, this is only my thoughts.

• Jarrid Wilson Author November 18, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Ya, even spirits are spiritual. Not to mention, even the demons believe. I like your thoughts.

• Scott November 18, 2013 at 11:25 AM

i would have to agree we attend the bath road baptist.

• Sue November 18, 2013 at 12:48 PM

This is good! I’ve never thought about it that way but it makes sense. Thanks for shedding a little more light :)

• Vince Bautista November 18, 2013 at 10:38 AM

A believer thinks stretching the truth or a little white lie is no big deal because “everyone does it.” A Christian knows the difference between truth and lies and strives to be truthful always.